Retail Pop Slinger
King of Pops Retail Pop Slinger
What started as a single pop pushcart on a street corner in Atlanta has developed into a tradition in Atlanta and throughout the South. We started with just pops sold out of carts but now also cater, sell into grocery stores, developed a bar concept featuring our soon to be world famous Pop-tails, have started to franchise our cart business so people can bring KoP to their neighborhood, grow fruit on our farm, run a regional food distribution business and most importantly have fun doing all of it!
Beyond all that, what moves us the most is creating UMoHs or Unexpected Moments of Happiness. We do this in countless ways and are part of the fabric of our company. Whether it’s free yoga in the park, farm field days, free pop days, treating myriad organizations that are close to our hearts or helping out fundraising for the next big thing at non-profits. Pops are the perfect way to put a smile on a face and have a moment of happiness in a sometimes overwhelming world.
King of Pops Atlanta is looking for retail slingers who will engage with customers while selling our all natural, handcrafted pops out of the signature push cart at all kinds of events and venues around the city. Some of those locations and customers we love to bring Unexpected Moments of Happiness to are Delta, Coca Cola, Home Depot, movie sets, Mercedes Benz Stadium, Music Midtown, and even personal events just to name a few.
You should be able to communicate with a customer about the brand, the products we serve, and assist with any questions in a timely manner to give not only a great customer service experience but a sense of hospitality to those who are new to the brand. Slingers are at the forefront and are the face of the brand!
To be successful as a pop slinger you should be able to multitask without compromising the accuracy of your work or the overall experience for the customer. An outstanding slinger has exceptional customer service skills, the ability to conduct active listening, strong internal and external communication with co-workers and customers, and has a love for the product.
Principal Job Functions:
- Engage and talk to customers while providing excellent customer service and hospitality
- Actively pursue sales from potential customers while on shift
- Bring smiles and high energy (every day, every shift)
- Drive yourself and the pops to events (with company provided vehicle)
- Follows checklists and procedures to ensure successful completion of shifts
- Ensures company equipment is maintained with utmost integrity
- Punctuality and time management to meet expectations of customers
- Takes direction and is willing to be coached
- Possesses a 'we not me' attitude - we’re a team at King of Pops
Education & Experience:
- No prior experience or education is required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to stay on feet for multiple hours at a time
- Must be able to work outdoors/in the elements
- Must have nights and weekend availability
- Clean driving record preferred. Those unable to operate company vehicles (due to not being a licensed driver or having violations on driving record) will have more limited schedules to accommodate being dropped off at events.
- Enjoys interacting with customers and coworkers.
- Comes with an open mind, open heart, and the willingness to work hard and learn!
- Loves to eat pops!
- POSITION: King of Pops Pop Slinger
- REPORTS TO: Atlanta Region Territory Manager
- STATUS: Part-Time
- DIRECT REPORTS: 0
- COMPENSATION: $17-22/hr avg total after tips
- Accrued PTO
- Company profit share program (10% annual salary bonus)
King of Pops denounces racism, police brutality, and white supremacy, and we commit to work to dismantle these far-too-long held institutions. We also strive to be good stewards of our environment, constantly searching for organizations who can help make a difference internally or externally. Finally, we believe in community building which takes shape in infinite ways, but is a never ending endeavor.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.